Fine Eye Lines – Platelet Rich Plasma
One of the most common concerns amongst patients is the fine lines underneath their eyes. As we age, the skin underneath the eye becomes very delicate and thin, resulting in fine eye lines, crepiness and darkness underneath the eye.
It is a difficult area to address as it is the skin layer itself has lost elastin and collagen. It is not muscle related therefore anti-wrinkle injections are ineffective, and because the problem is so superficial (skin layer), dermal filler is not effective or safe to use in this region either.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is becoming increasingly popular to treat fine lines underneath the eye. PRP is made from your own blood. Prior to treatment a blood sample is extracted from the arm of the patient. The blood is then immediately placed in a centrifuge. When centrifugation is complete your Platelet Rich Plasma is separated from your Red Blood Cells and the PRP component is then injected into the dermis of the skin.
PRP contains important growth factors which:
- Increase collagen and thickness of skin
- Regenerates and tightens skin tissue
- Improves tissue appearance
- Increases vascular activity thereby improving dark circles
Fine Eye Lines – Pricing
PRP treatment for fine eye lines: $450
* Best results are achieved with 3 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart.
Book Appointment Online
Check availablity for an appointment with Jacinta King:
Preparing for the Procedure
Best results are achieved if you:
- Be well hydrated 48 hours leading up to the procedure
- Reduce your fat intake
- Reduce your alcohol and caffeine intake
- Stop omegas, fish oils, green teas and supplements that increase bruising. Please do not stop any prescribed medications without permission from your regular doctor.